ColinMcEnroe

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time..." -- Kerouac

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I've been a bad blogger

Failing to update! The unforgiveable sin.
So now it's sunny and crisp on a Sunday. I should be hiking. Instead I'm updating. I'm a blogger -- pasty and Vitamin E-deprived.
Just a little refinement of the assignment (sounds like I'm rapping):
We need a common set blogs to talk about, so I'm suggesting we start with the top 10 of the technorati top 100 blogs. I don't know about you but I grew obsessively absorbed into this
blog of post cards which turns out to further confound my proposition that blogs should be thought of in terms of text. (Is it really a blog, though?) Whatever it is, it makes me think that it would blow the mind of Sisela Bok who wrote an overarching philosophical book about secrets.
You might also wants to drop down a few places and sample a few in the next ten, if you have time. Especially two.
This guy is kind of a grizzled vet of the blogosphere and held in esteem by some.
And here is a blog that kind of combines preestablished celebrity with the meanderings of a personal pajama blogger. Dig it.
Extra credit: Conduct the following experiment using listerine.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger e said...

re: postsecret.

I vote: blog. definitely blog. though also definitely unorthodox.

the most obvious blog-like charactristic is that all of those things are permalinked. minor, i know, but worth mentioning.

more ineteresting is the forum that it creates. there is an affinity with many blogs that provide their authors with a semi-anonymous (or at least fititious-ified) forum to express themselves. the more anonymous, the more willing people are to be honest.

also, as with most personal blogs, the veracity of a lot of this stuff is questionable. maybe what we have to say (honestly) about ourselves is not quite as interesting (or creative) as what we can embellish, or just make up.

and what about comments? are more recent postsecrets in some way commentary on older ones? how would the dynamic of this page change if comments were allowed?

e

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Printer's Devil said...

if comments were allowed, this definitely would be a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home