ColinMcEnroe

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time..." -- Kerouac

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Neither here nor there

This is just kind of supplementary reading. I considered assigning this guy but his blog is too young and he's too Irisih for the room. But if I had a sister, I'd be OK with her dating this nice young man.

Also, only in the blogosphere would we find a site devoted to a regular critique of tshirts.

Lastly, this seems to have been a primtive attempt to look at some of the meme-blog relationships we will be studying here.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Neddie said...

Hello, Colin...

Sorry for this unconventional method of establishing contact, but I couldn't find a "traditional" email address in your blog metadata.

Some time in the last couple of weeks I've begun to notice traffic coming in from your blog to mine, and just now poked my head in to check out the haps.

I find, among other intriguing things, that a "teacher of a Trinity College course on blogs (!)" has listed my humble scratchings among his syllabus of "Blogs We Read."

Well, unable to avoid a certain interpretion of that use of the first-person plural, I find myself coming over all Schroedinger's Catty. Am I being, you know, Observed? And if this is the case, does the Act of Observing influence the phenomenon under Observation? Am I suddenly going to find my living room hopping with frowny-faced Heisenbergs from Trinity College, their white coats askew, muttering darkly about lab hamsters who can't resist the impulse to épater a gaggle of undergrads from Connecticut? I run a very high-quality line in the épater-ing department, and would be happy to duck into full Duchamp Mode if it would entertain your troops.

Hey: I'd love to, you know, audit your class -- your Living Syllabus already has raised some questions I have some pretty firm, not to say dogmatic, ideas about -- I bet I'd get a B just for showing up. Serious Question.

Write back! NeddieJingo at aol dot com. Any of you. Let's make Prof unProfitable!

Real name's Harrison. Pleased to meetcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home