ColinMcEnroe

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time..." -- Kerouac

Friday, November 25, 2005

LAST TWO CLASSES -- AN INVITATION

Because of the remarkable nature of this course -- teaching about a literary, journalistic, anthropological, social form as it emerges -- I'm going to invite you to suggest ways in which we might spend our final two sessions. Dec. 1 is fast approaching, so if I don't hear anything cool in the next 24 hours -- or by 11 a.m. Saturday -- I'll post an assignment, a theme, etc.

But it might be interesting to be wiki, as opposed to hierarchical -- while still maintaining my power of life and death over you.

I do, however, wanna ride hard down the home stretch. You are blog warriors. Never forget that.

6 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Aldon Hynes said...

A couple quick comments. First, I would invite you to stop by my blog and read my post Blogging Alone which I wrote in part as a response to recent posts by Brett and Nile.

Also, if you want a Wiki to play with, I have one that I set up for anyone to come in and experiment with Wikis. Stop by here.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger e said...

The syllabus suggests a little meme theory. I wouldn't mind delving a little bit deeper into this...

e

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Professor McEnroe,

A student of yours has just approached me for my opinions on blogging. Why not, I blog? However, a bigger question exists - why should anyone care?

A few moths ago I wrote an entry that speaks to this point: http://www.geofffox.com/MT/archives/2005/10/15/why_play_up_the_bloggers.php.

Are we giving bloggers more due than they deserve? I think so. C'mon, who really needs to know my opinions?

Of course, all this being said, I'm advocating you disregard the opinion I've just written!

All the best,
Geoff

ps - Colin - spelling DOES count.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - my URL wasn't properly captured.

Click here

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colin

Hi. Was up to my mom's in western mass and heard you on the radio as I drove through Hartford. Heard you talk about the blog and got back here on the coast of RI and googled you. Good luck with this Trinity thing. I have had and still have mixed feelings about blogs. Had an op-ed piece published in the Providence Journal recently about how writing op-ed pieces, which I've been doing since about 1988, and writing blogs are both ways to get folks to think and feel and get pissed off and all that. Just added your blog to my favorites list and will be checking in regularly. Will also alert the writers in the workshop I facilitate once a week down here, a motley crew if there ever was one.

Terry McCarthy ( Balsam@cox.net )

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Blog carnivals - the best and quickest ways to find GOOD bloggers who write about topics that YOU are ineterested in (while skipping millions of blogs by angst-ridden teenagers). Also, a great way to build communities, both based on geography and based on common interest.

This may be a little more succinct, and this is the most comprehensive list of carnivals to date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home