ColinMcEnroe

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time..." -- Kerouac

Sunday, October 02, 2005

What I Expect

The question of expectations (and, therefore, grades) has been posed to me.
Those of you seeking grades better than "pass" should understand that the single biggest component of a seminar, to me, is class discussion. What you add to class, how you teach one another, is very important to me.
The second biggest component of your grade is homework. And I consider homework to be the reading and then posting about your reading. If, for example, you do not post comments this week in which you react specifically to Wolcott, Ailes, MeMo, Sullivan and the other blogs I mentioned, you have not, in my opinion, done the homework. I'm not looking for thousands of words, but I am looking for an indication that you have read and thought about this material. I also enjoy very much your general thoughts and your outside reading, but specific comments on the assigned blogs are my way way of knowing we're all pulling the oars together.
The final paper is the least important consideration.

4 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Since neither your nor my blog do trackbacks (I think trackbacks are throw-back to the dinosaur era of blogging anyway) , here is Instead of a trackback.

P.S. Does putting word confirmation reduce comment spam? I think it does. Occasionaly one squeezes through, but in general spam has been practically non-existent since I did that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home